Seeing “20/20” simply means you can see clearly at a distance. Good Vision is so much more than seeing–it’s your eyes and brain working together to see and process what’s in front of you. Your ability to see has a powerful impact on how you learn.
Did you know….
- You can pass the “20/20” eye test but have poor tracking, coordinating, and focusing skills that impair your ability to read, process, and comprehend?
- You can be misdiagnosed with ADD/ADHD or dyslexia when you have an undiagnosed vision problem?
- If you’re reading below grade level by third grade, you, likely, have an undiagnosed vision problem?
70-80% of material taught to children in school is delivered visually. If your child cannot see and process what he sees, learning cannot happen.
Does your child…
- Hate to read?
- Spend hours working on homework assignments?
- Struggle to pay attention in school?
With a generous grants from the Allegheny Medical Society Foundation and PNC Charitable Trusts, we are able to provide struggling families with the funds to obtain a comprehensive, detailed vision evaluation and therapy for vision development and reading as needed. Complete the Application for Assistance to find out if you qualify.